Free Subscription & E-newsletter
By Roger Kollock, PhD, ATC, CSCS
1. LaStayo PC, Woolf JM, Lewek MD, Snyder-Mackler L, Reich T, Lindstedt SL. Eccentric muscle contractions: their contribution to injury, prevention, rehabilitation, and sport. The Journal of orthopaedic and sports physical therapy. Oct 2003;33(10):557-571.
2. Roig M, O'Brien K, Kirk G, et al. The effects of eccentric versus concentric resistance training on muscle strength and mass in healthy adults: a systematic review with meta-analysis. British Journal of Sports Medicine. August 1, 2009 2009;43(8):556-568.
3. Brown LE. Isokinetics in human performance. Champaign, Ill.: Human Kinetics; 2000.
4. Raj IS, Bird SR, Shield AJ. Aging and the force-velocity relationship of muscles. Experimental Gerontology. 2010;45(2):81-90.
5. Leszczak TJ, Olson JM, Stafford J, Brezzo RD. Early Adaptations to Eccentric and High Velocity Training on Strength and Functional Performance in Community Dwelling Older Adults. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2012;Publish Ahead of Print:10.1519/JSC.1510b1013e31825423c31825426.
6. Mueller M, Breil F, Vogt M, et al. Different response to eccentric and concentric training in older men and women. European Journal of Applied Physiology. 2009;107(2):145-153.
7. Chen T, Tseng W-C, Huang G-L, Chen H-L, Tseng K-W, Nosaka K. Low-intensity eccentric contractions attenuate muscle damage induced by subsequent maximal eccentric exercise of the knee extensors in the elderly. European Journal of Applied Physiology. 2012:1-11.
8. LaStayo PC, Ewy GA, Pierotti DD, Johns RK, Lindstedt S. The Positive Effects of Negative Work: Increased Muscle Strength and Decreased Fall Risk in a Frail Elderly Population. The Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences. May 1, 2003 2003;58(5):M419-M424.
9. de Lau LML, Breteler MMB. Epidemiology of Parkinson's disease. The Lancet Neurology. 2006;5(6):525-535.
10. Dibble LE, Hale TF, Marcus RL, Gerber JP, LaStayo PC. High intensity eccentric resistance training decreases bradykinesia and improves quality of life in persons with Parkinson's disease: A preliminary study. Parkinsonism & Related Disorders. 2009;15(10):752-757.
11. Dibble LE, Hale T, Marcus RL, Gerber JP, LaStayo PC. The Safety and Feasibility of High-Force Eccentric Resistance Exercise in Persons With Parkinson's Disease. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2006;87(9):1280-1282.
12. Gerber JP, Marcus RL, Dibble LE, Greis PE, Burks RT, Lastayo PC. Safety, feasibility, and efficacy of negative work exercise via eccentric muscle activity following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy. Jan 2007;37(1):10-18.
13. Gerber JP, Marcus RL, Dibble LE, Greis PE, Burks RT, LaStayo PC. Effects of Early Progressive Eccentric Exercise on Muscle Size and Function After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: A 1-Year Follow-up Study of a Randomized Clinical Trial. Physical Therapy. January 2009 2009;89(1):51-59.
14. Meier W, Mizner RL, Marcus RL, Dibble LE, Peters C, Lastayo PC. Total knee arthroplasty: muscle impairments, functional limitations, and recommended rehabilitation approaches. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy. May 2008;38(5):246-256.
15. Marcus RL, Yoshida Y, Meier W, Peters C, Lastayo PC. An Eccentrically Biased Rehabilitation Program Early after TKA Surgery. Arthritis. 2011;2011:353149.
LONG ISLAND CITY, NY
GRAND RAPIDS, MI
Terra Community ...
By Jason Marketti
09/17/2014 9:35:06 ...
09/27/2014 1:28:06 ...
By Toni Patt
09/14/2014 6:52:11 ...
By Dean Metz
10/01/2014 7:04:39 ...
09/17/2014 3:29:27 ...
09/17/2014 4:10:45 ...
09/25/2014 1:53:22 ...
By Jocelyn Wallace
09/15/2014 6:18:00 ...
09/18/2014 9:13:00 ...
By Lisa Mueller
09/18/2014 5:37:00 ...
Last comment by Kate
Last comment by Brian Ferrie
Last comment by Danielle
Last comment by Jonathan Bassett
Last comment by Timothy Depew
Last comment by Carol
Last comment by Cynthia Johnson
Last comment by Melissa Weber
Last comment by Shannon Shneyder
Last comment by Virginia Curtis
California Online ...
New York Regional ...
Florida Online Job ...
Search our archives for print and web articles.
Sign up to receive our FREE e-Newsletter. You'll receive exclusive information, special offers and career information just for ADVANCE for Physical Therapy and Rehab Medicine. For a sample, check out our latest e-newsletter.
© 2014 Merion Matters 2900 Horizon Drive
King of Prussia PA 19406 800-355-5627