Free Subscription & E-newsletter
By Roger Kollock, PhD, ATC, CSCS
1. LaStayo PC, Woolf JM, Lewek MD, Snyder-Mackler L, Reich T, Lindstedt SL. Eccentric muscle contractions: their contribution to injury, prevention, rehabilitation, and sport. The Journal of orthopaedic and sports physical therapy. Oct 2003;33(10):557-571.
2. Roig M, O'Brien K, Kirk G, et al. The effects of eccentric versus concentric resistance training on muscle strength and mass in healthy adults: a systematic review with meta-analysis. British Journal of Sports Medicine. August 1, 2009 2009;43(8):556-568.
3. Brown LE. Isokinetics in human performance. Champaign, Ill.: Human Kinetics; 2000.
4. Raj IS, Bird SR, Shield AJ. Aging and the force-velocity relationship of muscles. Experimental Gerontology. 2010;45(2):81-90.
5. Leszczak TJ, Olson JM, Stafford J, Brezzo RD. Early Adaptations to Eccentric and High Velocity Training on Strength and Functional Performance in Community Dwelling Older Adults. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2012;Publish Ahead of Print:10.1519/JSC.1510b1013e31825423c31825426.
6. Mueller M, Breil F, Vogt M, et al. Different response to eccentric and concentric training in older men and women. European Journal of Applied Physiology. 2009;107(2):145-153.
7. Chen T, Tseng W-C, Huang G-L, Chen H-L, Tseng K-W, Nosaka K. Low-intensity eccentric contractions attenuate muscle damage induced by subsequent maximal eccentric exercise of the knee extensors in the elderly. European Journal of Applied Physiology. 2012:1-11.
8. LaStayo PC, Ewy GA, Pierotti DD, Johns RK, Lindstedt S. The Positive Effects of Negative Work: Increased Muscle Strength and Decreased Fall Risk in a Frail Elderly Population. The Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences. May 1, 2003 2003;58(5):M419-M424.
9. de Lau LML, Breteler MMB. Epidemiology of Parkinson's disease. The Lancet Neurology. 2006;5(6):525-535.
10. Dibble LE, Hale TF, Marcus RL, Gerber JP, LaStayo PC. High intensity eccentric resistance training decreases bradykinesia and improves quality of life in persons with Parkinson's disease: A preliminary study. Parkinsonism & Related Disorders. 2009;15(10):752-757.
11. Dibble LE, Hale T, Marcus RL, Gerber JP, LaStayo PC. The Safety and Feasibility of High-Force Eccentric Resistance Exercise in Persons With Parkinson's Disease. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2006;87(9):1280-1282.
12. Gerber JP, Marcus RL, Dibble LE, Greis PE, Burks RT, Lastayo PC. Safety, feasibility, and efficacy of negative work exercise via eccentric muscle activity following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy. Jan 2007;37(1):10-18.
13. Gerber JP, Marcus RL, Dibble LE, Greis PE, Burks RT, LaStayo PC. Effects of Early Progressive Eccentric Exercise on Muscle Size and Function After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: A 1-Year Follow-up Study of a Randomized Clinical Trial. Physical Therapy. January 2009 2009;89(1):51-59.
14. Meier W, Mizner RL, Marcus RL, Dibble LE, Peters C, Lastayo PC. Total knee arthroplasty: muscle impairments, functional limitations, and recommended rehabilitation approaches. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy. May 2008;38(5):246-256.
15. Marcus RL, Yoshida Y, Meier W, Peters C, Lastayo PC. An Eccentrically Biased Rehabilitation Program Early after TKA Surgery. Arthritis. 2011;2011:353149.
County College of ...
Capital Health ...
Ortho Clinical ...
Medical Center of ...
TRUTH OR ...
From: Geriatric Function
From: The Best Therapy Experience
Doylestown Occupational Therapist ...
PT Continuing Education Course ...
Alvernia Announces Health Sciences ...
Connecticut Orthopaedic Specialists ...
Clinicient Announces Opioid Abuse ...
Universal Health Services, Inc. ...
Kristi Crowe Joins VOX Telehealth
ABPTS Recognizes Board-Certified ...
Cleveland Physical Therapists Release ...
KRAM Wellness Group Announces Launch ...
Last comment by Chad
Last comment by Johan Lambeck
Last comment by Jenna C
Last comment by Joel Froding
Last comment by Rigoberto Khan
Last comment by Michael
Last comment by Reyes Nino
Last comment by Renee Rowland
Last comment by Kathryn Benstock
Last comment by Bryson M
Search our archives for print and web articles.
Sign up to receive our FREE weekly e-Newsletter. From important healthcare news to career advice, you'll receive the latest in professional information tailored to your specialty.
© 2016 Merion Matters 2900 Horizon Drive
King of Prussia PA 19406 800-355-5627
Back to Top
© 2016 Merion Matters
2900 Horizon Drive, King of Prussia PA 19406