Free Subscription & E-newsletter
By Roger Kollock, PhD, ATC, CSCS
1. LaStayo PC, Woolf JM, Lewek MD, Snyder-Mackler L, Reich T, Lindstedt SL. Eccentric muscle contractions: their contribution to injury, prevention, rehabilitation, and sport. The Journal of orthopaedic and sports physical therapy. Oct 2003;33(10):557-571.
2. Roig M, O'Brien K, Kirk G, et al. The effects of eccentric versus concentric resistance training on muscle strength and mass in healthy adults: a systematic review with meta-analysis. British Journal of Sports Medicine. August 1, 2009 2009;43(8):556-568.
3. Brown LE. Isokinetics in human performance. Champaign, Ill.: Human Kinetics; 2000.
4. Raj IS, Bird SR, Shield AJ. Aging and the force-velocity relationship of muscles. Experimental Gerontology. 2010;45(2):81-90.
5. Leszczak TJ, Olson JM, Stafford J, Brezzo RD. Early Adaptations to Eccentric and High Velocity Training on Strength and Functional Performance in Community Dwelling Older Adults. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2012;Publish Ahead of Print:10.1519/JSC.1510b1013e31825423c31825426.
6. Mueller M, Breil F, Vogt M, et al. Different response to eccentric and concentric training in older men and women. European Journal of Applied Physiology. 2009;107(2):145-153.
7. Chen T, Tseng W-C, Huang G-L, Chen H-L, Tseng K-W, Nosaka K. Low-intensity eccentric contractions attenuate muscle damage induced by subsequent maximal eccentric exercise of the knee extensors in the elderly. European Journal of Applied Physiology. 2012:1-11.
8. LaStayo PC, Ewy GA, Pierotti DD, Johns RK, Lindstedt S. The Positive Effects of Negative Work: Increased Muscle Strength and Decreased Fall Risk in a Frail Elderly Population. The Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences. May 1, 2003 2003;58(5):M419-M424.
9. de Lau LML, Breteler MMB. Epidemiology of Parkinson's disease. The Lancet Neurology. 2006;5(6):525-535.
10. Dibble LE, Hale TF, Marcus RL, Gerber JP, LaStayo PC. High intensity eccentric resistance training decreases bradykinesia and improves quality of life in persons with Parkinson's disease: A preliminary study. Parkinsonism & Related Disorders. 2009;15(10):752-757.
11. Dibble LE, Hale T, Marcus RL, Gerber JP, LaStayo PC. The Safety and Feasibility of High-Force Eccentric Resistance Exercise in Persons With Parkinson's Disease. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2006;87(9):1280-1282.
12. Gerber JP, Marcus RL, Dibble LE, Greis PE, Burks RT, Lastayo PC. Safety, feasibility, and efficacy of negative work exercise via eccentric muscle activity following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy. Jan 2007;37(1):10-18.
13. Gerber JP, Marcus RL, Dibble LE, Greis PE, Burks RT, LaStayo PC. Effects of Early Progressive Eccentric Exercise on Muscle Size and Function After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: A 1-Year Follow-up Study of a Randomized Clinical Trial. Physical Therapy. January 2009 2009;89(1):51-59.
14. Meier W, Mizner RL, Marcus RL, Dibble LE, Peters C, Lastayo PC. Total knee arthroplasty: muscle impairments, functional limitations, and recommended rehabilitation approaches. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy. May 2008;38(5):246-256.
15. Marcus RL, Yoshida Y, Meier W, Peters C, Lastayo PC. An Eccentrically Biased Rehabilitation Program Early after TKA Surgery. Arthritis. 2011;2011:353149.
OVERLAND PARK, KS
FORT PIERCE, FL
KANSAS CITY, MO
LIVE OAK, CA
PALO ALTO, CA
From: Geriatric Function
From: The Best Therapy Experience
Education Resources Inc. Offers Cancer ...
NJ Orthopedics Surgeons Focus on ...
NATA Launches "At Your Own Risk" Website
Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago ...
Evidence In Motion Names New ...
University of St. Augustine for Health ...
Rasmussen College Launches Physical ...
Ecela Summer 2016 Program in Chile for ...
Raintree Systems Partners with MedBridge
PMMA Joins Washington Leaders in Fight ...
Last comment by Diane White
Last comment by Donna Hutchinson
Last comment by Supaporn Phadungkit
Last comment by Arlene Ness
Last comment by Rita Plazo
Last comment by Vicky
Last comment by Brian Firth
Last comment by Alfonso Hurtado
Search our archives for print and web articles.
Sign up to receive our FREE e-Newsletter. You'll receive exclusive information, special offers and career information just for ADVANCE for Physical Therapy and Rehab Medicine. For a sample, check out our latest e-newsletter.
© 2016 Merion Matters 2900 Horizon Drive
King of Prussia PA 19406 800-355-5627
Back to Top
© 2016 Merion Matters
2900 Horizon Drive, King of Prussia PA 19406